Event Notice 3 – Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 217 March 2020
Kitty and Stephen both want to reach out to our current on-line entrants and to our future entrants. We are monitoring the status of the COVID-19 disease [coronavirus].
Major events are being cancelled and people are concerned about attending public gatherings. We are aware that some GP’s are advising patients not to attend any public gathering. Most of our Person with Parkinson’s (PwP) fall into the high-risk categories of serious infection are:
- people with compromised immune systems
- elderly people
- people with diagnosed chronic medical conditions
- people in group residential settings
The Australian Government have advised that all Non-essential organised gatherings should be kept to fewer than 500 people.
What does this all mean for shuffle4parkinsons Sunday 5 April 2020?
- We do have a Virtual event in place that finishes on 31 March 2020 (in 16 days’ time)
- We offer online registrations/entrants the opportunity to move to the virtual event now.
- We will keep the virtual event open to the end of April. To coincide with World Parkinsons Day (11 April) and World Parkinsons Month of April.
- This will enable those entrants who decide to move to the virtual event, that they have additional time to complete the distance selected. This will also allow all entrants to do the virtual event if the government lowers the limit of 500 people.
- Currently the virtual event does not include the singlet top (this will be optional for those that transfer, and all current virtual registrations will also be offered a sports singlet; subject to availability).
- 0n Sunday 5 April at the event all necessary precautions, as advised by the Department of Health will be followed by the organisers.
- Plan to circulate literature around COVID-19 prevention throughout the venue
- Plan to have hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes on-hand.
- As noted in our conditions of entry.
Your participation in the Event is at your own risk and you will take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of participation.
To the best of your knowledge, you are not suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render yourself unfit to participate in the Event.
You accept all responsibility for travel and medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of medical/surgical expenses incurred on your behalf.
As noted under event tickets [Event details].
If you have purchased tickets and circumstances change and you are also unable to participate in the virtual event, then you may request a refund OR please consider a donation to Shake-It-Up Australia Foundation.
Additional information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found at https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert#if-you-are-at-risk